{israel 2012} Dead Sea


We felt overstimulated. Having already been up and down mounts, in caves, and on cable cars before arriving at the ever-shrinking Dead Sea.

We gasped as the sand burned our feet, prompting mad dashes back to sandals or into the milky water. Mud oozed between our toes and we shrieked as the sea grabbed greedily at our legs making walking impossible. Ever mindful of our eyes, there was no splashing. Only pure happiness. To say we had been here. To have done this.

We covered our heated skin in a thick layer of mud and posed for a few snapshots and more giggles. Beautiful monsters spurred from an aptly named Sea.

But the mud made us smooth and soft as the sea washed away the layers of yesterday we always seem to carry around. And we drank a cocktail under a thatched roof before, once again, boarding the bus. 




Floating the Dead Sea
{originally posted 7.16.12}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!