{thoughts} Don't Cry For Me...



 

What right have I, to so much joy? To have been so blessed? And if tomorrow, there is no more,

Don't Cry For Me...
  • I've been saved through God's grace.
  • I've experienced a miracle. 
  • I've been hugged by people that love me.
  • I've grown up among the branches of Letha.
  • I've read hundreds of great books.
  • I've spent hours in the ocean.
  • I've loved the heck out of some campers in the middle of Alaska.
  • I've burned bridges, only to mend fences.
  • I've had my grandmother as a pen pal for years. 
  • I've seen pure joy in the eyes of children at a Florida Rescue Mission.
  • I've been to Otego. 
  • I've always known the security of "family".
  • I've fallen in love with life at the Wild Mushroom. 
  • I've taken comfort in a life verse. (Isaiah 41:10)
  • I've lived in a land of magic - Ireland.
  • I've kissed the Blarney stone.
  • I've been to a concert that changed my outlook.
  • I've seen the world with my sister. And cried over sad endings and new beginnings.
  • I've spent hours sharing tales with my best friends in a tent in the Scottish countryside.
  • I've been kicked off an Isle.
  • I've mourned deeply, but loved even deeper.
  • I've felt comfortable in my skin at the Lazy Dog. 
  • I've fallen in love with a painting, then became friends with the artist.
  • I've played gin rummy on planes, trains, and bus stop benches.
  • I've listened to my grandfather belt out the lyrics to his favorite song.
  • I've lived in land of knowledge - Oxford, England.
  • I've taken a "cab ride" with French boys that looked out for me in a time of vulnerability.
  • I've listened to the Magdalen College Madrigals & drank champagne on an Oxford "May Day"
  • I've discussed all things C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien with my dad at the Eagle and Child.
  • I've played an epic game of golf. 
  • I've been humbled by the tenacity (and length) of my grandmother's prayers and prayer lists.
  • I've made a "home" in seven different apartments/houses, and three different countries.
  • I've experienced the blue grotto.
  • I've failed.  I've succeeded. I've tried again.
  • I've sat by a fire, on a hill top with new friends from Basque. 
  • I've taken things for granted. I've cherished moments.
  • I've shared meals with strangers turned friends.
  • I've traveled and laughed with my mother. 
  • I've battled with Jesus, only to once again realize His perfection and endless love for me.
  • I've seen strength through the eyes of pain.
  • I've hosted dinner parties that filled my heart with love.
  • I've been called "God Mother". 
  • I've felt the presence of Jesus in Bethlehem.
  • I've cried at the Mount of Olives.
  • I've found laughter in the most absurd places.
  • I've carried on the best of traditions - with a corn maze race and birthday golf.
  • I've laughed so hard with my brother, I couldn't breathe.
  • I've written beautiful phrases that I'm proud of. 
  • I've known times of want and times of flush. And been happy in each.
  • I've stared at the sunset from the deck of a cruise ship.
  • I've spent summer days tubing on a river with those I love most.
  • I've been called "Best Friend" "Sister" "Daughter" "Granddaughter"
  • I've had people selflessly sacrifice for me.
  • I've had a friend text me in my time of need.
  • I've fallen in and out of love.
  • I've lived through anxiety. 
  • I've lived three, amazing decades.
  • I've danced around the living room with Ike.
  • I've stood high above the world at the feet of the Redeemer.
  • I've lazed a day away in a colorful hammock.
  • I've felt protected and cared for in times of sickness.
  • I've understood the amazing-ness of a pets adoration. 
  • I've gone home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!