{israel 2012} The Mount of Olives

 We waited with strangers for the bus, grateful for its arrival as the A/C chilled our overheated skin and did all the climbing – straight to the Mount of Olives. Straight to a place that tugged at the heartstrings.

We looked out over Jerusalem, past the many headstones covered in rocks, knowing it was here that Jesus sent ahead His disciples to find the donkey, here that He prophesized Peter’s betrayal, here He was betrayed, and here He wept.

Wept for Jerusalem. Wept for a city and people that continues, to this day, to evoke tears. But it was also here, that He gave hope. Here, that He ascended to Heaven.
{originally posted - 6.22.12}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!