{BRAZIL 2015} COPACABANA


All I know about Copacabana I learned from Barry Manilow. How a girl named Lola danced her colorful heart out at the hottest spot north of Havana - where music and passion ruled. Until she lost her love in a ballroom brawl and slowly faded away. 

Oh, B. Manilow, how you perfectly described Copacabana beach. Once filled with local and celebrity crowds, Copacabana has gone the way of Lola - fading away for the more popular Ipanema beach. Except, I think of Copacabana the same way I think of Lola, brilliant and lovely because of their fading glory days. 

There is a quite richness in the miles of sandy coastline. Where the ocean waves at no one and the haughty, yet refined, tones of history and culture still dance along the shores. 

Now it's a disco, but not for Lola
Still in dress she used to wear
Faded feathers in her hair
She sits there so refined, and drinks herself half-blind
She lost her youth and she lost her Tony
Now she's lost her mind
At the copa...don't fall in love
Don't fall in love




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!