{israel 2012} Jericho, Mount of Temptation, and Zacchaeus's Perch


Sunday school songs played in my head as we passed signs welcoming us to the oldest city of the world and pointing us toward a wee sycamore tree. We’d spend only minutes here, looking out over the city from a rest stop, rooftop.

In the shortest of times we would see a wall-less city, the Mount of Temptation, and Zacchaeus’s perch. I would give a mini tour, half accurate – half inaccurate. A little boy would lead his goats down the streets. And a man would walk a camel as naturally as we walk our dogs.

And maybe I cried. Just a few tears. Because of promises made. And promises kept.


For I know the plans  I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper  you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

{originally posted 7.17.12}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!