{israel 2012} Tel Aviv Beach and Jaffa Port

We stayed together until the train to the bus station - quite a feat for a group so large - reconnecting in Tel Aviv to wander about looking for restrooms and sandy beaches. The air was warm and the view obstructed only by orange umbrellas and slick, bronzed bodies.

We parked our bags and slipped into the lukewarm  water, paddling about carelessly - as you only can on vacation. Stealing moments away to rest on loungers, flip through books, or sip cool beverages at the bar.

A top snapped. A boy laughed. A girl braved it amazingly.

Strangers turned non-strangers as we walked about looking for taxi’s to a port where we’d gorge on salad and ribs and laughter.

A taxi ride back, with a nervous cab driver cracking jokes and price gouging.

Sunburns had never felt so perfect.
 {originally posted - 6.25.12}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Plan for Life

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Quote

"I kick and I scream and I thrash hard against the Father’s love. I shift my focus and become a prisoner to the panic instead of the promise, and still He says, “mine.” He looks at me, broken, and calls me daughter and ever so lovingly pulls me right back in."

About

Hello. I'm Meg. So nice to meet you! I'm a native New Yorker trotting around Boston dreaming of Paris. I love Jesus, traveling, reading, & listening to really great music. Welcome! Please stick around and say hi!